Why offer Fairtrade Gold? Because it’s a simple, flexible and cost-effective way to source the gold you need responsibly and with traceability – all through an international network that’s recognised and trusted.
Fairtrade Gold offers a meaningful story to catch the attention of your customers too, telling them that your business means business when it comes to supporting artisanal and small-scale miners to build a brighter future for themselves, their families and communities.
There are different ways your business can work with Fairtrade Gold.
Be part of our Goldsmiths Registration Scheme
It’s suitable for UK and international jewellery brands and retailers who:
- Buy less than 500g of Fairtrade fine gold a year
- Would like to use Fairtrade Gold without putting the Fairtrade Stamp on finished pieces
- Want to buy ‘white label’ finished products carrying the Fairtrade Stamp (for example, ring mounts and wedding bands) from a Fairtrade registered supplier
- Would like access to pre-approved point of sale materials and web banners to let customers know that they are using Fairtrade Gold.
Please note that Registered Goldsmiths cannot use the FAIRTRADE Gold Mark in relation to specific products, as traceability ends with your supplier and we cannot validate claims that a specific piece of jewellery contains Fairtrade Gold.
Find more information and register through our free online application form.
Become a Fairtrade Foundation licence holder
Suitable for UK jewellery brands and retailers who would like to:
- Buy Fairtrade certified gold that is traceable from mine to finished retail product
- Apply the Fairtrade Stamp to certified products – this shows to the customer that the gold is traceable
- Use the FAIRTRADE Gold Mark on their own promotional materials to communicate the Fairtrade Gold story to customers
- Benefit from a range of promotional opportunities, for example Fairtrade Fortnight and the I Do bridal jewellery campaign.
For more information on becoming a licensee, please read through our Fairtrade Gold factsheets.
To start the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a licence application form.
If you’re a UK-based supplier to the jewellery sector please email email@example.com for information on how to register to supply Fairtrade Gold to your customers.
If you’re based outside the UK please visit the Fairtrade International website for more information. www.fairgold.org