The NCC is a group of elected Fairtrade campaigners who represent the views of campaigners from their region.
About the National Campaigner Committee
- The National Campaigner Committee (NCC) helps to mould the direction of the Fairtrade Foundation, represents campaigners at a governance level and also feeds into the development of Fairtrade campaigns and resources.
- It is a member organisation of the Fairtrade Foundation, with the same voting rights and responsibilities as existing member organisations.
- The NCC meets regularly and summaries of each meeting are available at the bottom of this page.
- Read the terms of reference for the NCC.
- Before the NCC was established an unelected body of campaigners, the Campaign Advisory Group (CAG), helped feed into the work of the Foundation.
How do I participate?
Regional meetings are held at least every other year, which you can attend and feed into. Your region's representative will also be in contact with updates and communications about Fairtrade campaigns. Any members of Fairtrade campaign groups (Towns, Schools, Universities, Colleges and Faith communities) registered with the Fairtrade Foundation are eligible to stand for election to the NCC.
Elections are held at the regional supporter conferences. If you're interested in standing please contact us on email@example.com.
Meetings in 2016
- Thursday 28 January - see summary below
- Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 May
- Wednesday 21 September
Who is my representative?
Elections are currently held every three years. Click on your rep's name to contact them by email.
Read a short biography of each NCC representative.
The NCC is responsible for:
- Ensuring Fairtrade supporters can better feed into the work of the Fairtrade Foundation and hold it to account.
- Advising on the development and implementation of projects and activities directly involving grassroots supporters.
- Recommending improvements to existing support for campaigners in addition to new materials, resources and training opportunities.
- Advising on developments to existing Fairtrade schemes including renewal processes, goals and communications.
- Advising on new campaign areas and activities.
- Offering experience and advice around Fairtrade campaigns and campaigners to other teams within the Fairtrade Foundation
- The NCC helps to mould the direction of the Fairtrade Foundation, represents campaigners at a governance level and also feeds into the development of Fairtrade campaigns and resources.
The NCC considers areas related to:
- Developing the impact of the Fairtrade movement in wider campaigns on trade and poverty.
- Campaign development.
- Communication with the grassroots, particularly around new product / category launches.
- Relevant marketing activities, promotional campaigns (for example Fairtrade Fortnight) and supporter focused materials and messaging.
- Developing ways to create closer links and greater direct communication between consumers and producers.
- Other areas as identified by the NCC and the Fairtrade Foundation.
The NCC helps with the two-way exchange of information between the Fairtrade Foundation and campaign groups. The NCC is represented at AGMs feeding into the governance of the Foundation. See the flow chart below which represents these relationships.
NCC Meeting Summaries