Why become a Fairtrade School?
- Because it's only fair that the people who produce what we eat, wear and use should get paid enough to live on and a chance to improve their lives
- And no-one has to do it alone – this website signposts local and national organisations that are keen to inspire, offer support, and provide you with information
Fairtrade... for the whole school
- means the school gets local and national recognition
- supports lots of other initiatives (such as Eco-Schools, International Schools, Healthy Schools and ‘Determined to Succeed’ (Scotland)
- contributes to making the world a fairer place
Fairtrade... for pupils and students
- helps to develop lots of new skills
- has a positive influence on the school community
- is part of something that’s happening all over the country and around the world
- is fun!
Fairtrade... for teachers
- provides opportunities to enhance many areas of the curriculum and explore citizenship from a global perspective
- gives pupils an opportunity to participate and take responsibility for their decisions
- encourages critical thinking, and offers opportunities for challenge and confidence building.
- contributes to ‘Every Child Matters’ and ‘Education for Sustainable Development’ (England and Wales), the ‘Curriculum for Excellence’ and ‘Education for Citizenship’ (Scotland) and ‘Global Citizenship’ (Wales)