This competition is now closed.
This Fairtrade Friday, to celebrate the arrival of the World Cup, we've teamed up with Bala Sport to give you the chance to win a Bala Sport Fairtrade football, so that when you play, you'll know that more than just the rules are fair.
We all like to play fair, right? Well sometimes big brands don’t let us. To bring us the cheapest balls they might skimp on how much they pay the factory, and it’s often the workers and hand stitchers who lose out.
Bala Sport was formed to level the playing field between sports consumers and the makers of the balls, through a fair price and fair working conditions, while still offering the best quality equipment for enhanced performance.
Competition to win a Fairtrade football
To celebrate the arrival of the World Cup and to raise awareness of these issues, we've teamed up with Bala Sport to give you the chance to win a Fairtrade football.
The Team ball is a high-quality hand-stitched ball made to the same standards as FIFA quality balls, and popular among schools and clubs. It was the ball chosen for the Scottish Football Association’s Midnight League project, and is the ball of choice for clubs including AFC Unity in Sheffield, and AS Velasca in Milan.
How to enter
To be in with a chance of winning, follow us @FairtradeUK on Twitter and retweet one of the competition tweets. The competition opens at 8am on Friday 29 June and closes at midnight on Monday 2 July 2018. Please see full terms and conditions below.
Good luck! And thank you for supporting Fairtrade.
> LAUNCH TWITTER
> Read more about Bala Sport
Competition terms and conditions
- The closing date for entries is 11:59 pm on Monday 2 July 2018. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- To enter, you must be over 16 and live in the UK.
- To enter, you must “follow” @FairtradeUK on Twitter and “retweet” one of the competition Tweets. You will need a Twitter account to be able to enter. Sign up to Twitter
- Employees of Fairtrade Foundation and Bala Sport and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
- The prize(s) are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available.
- One winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified through the Direct Message feature on Twitter after the competition has closed and during the week commencing 2 July 2018.
- The winner will receive one Bala Sport Team football either size 3 or 4, to be decided by the winner.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner’s name can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the prize draw ending. The winner’s name may also be published on Fairtrade Foundation and Bala Sport social media profiles.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants, for example email address or postal address required to be able to correspond with the winner and/or send out the prize, will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in connection with this competition and will not be used for marketing purposes or disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Fairtrade Foundation, 5.7 The Loom, Gowers Walk, London, E1 8PY