Tom Hunt is an award-winning chef, food writer and ambassador for Fairtrade. His new book, Eating for Pleasure, People & Planet, launches this week and we're giving you the opportunity to win a copy for yourself and a friend.
Tom is on a mission to have us all sourcing, cooking and eating in a way that helps fight food waste and prevent further climate change. Tom’s manifesto, ‘Root to Fruit’ demonstrates how we can all become part of the solution, supporting a delicious, biodiverse and regenerative food system, giving us the skills and knowledge to shop, eat and cook sustainably, whilst eating healthier, better tasting food for no extra cost.
Eating for Pleasure, People & Planet delves into the question of our times, ‘what is a sustainable diet?’ and gives us not only a solution but a manifesto to help us achieve this simply, with practical information and inspirational recipes for everyday cooking that consider how we farm, trade, eat and dispose of food.
Tom’s recipes are vibrant and celebratory, yet simple, nourishing and affordable and are all born out of extensive research and in line with the most up-to-date food sourcing guidelines. The chapters include – Morning Meals, Slow Food Fast: Lunch and Supper, A New Way With Salads, Family Meals and Feast Plates, Sweet Treats and the Larder.
The competition will run on Instagram for one day, from Thursday 19 to Friday 20 March 2020.
Check out our Instagram profile to see how to enter.
For more information, please see the full Terms and Conditions below.
> Tom Hunt Recipe for Baked Apricot Frangipane
> Tom Hunt recipe for a Fairtrade Vegetable Fukhara
Instagram Terms and Conditions
- The closing date for entries is 11:59 pm on Friday 20 March 2020. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- To enter, you must be over 16 and live in the UK.
- To enter, you must 'follow' @FairtradeUK on Instagram and 'tag a friend' on the competition post. You will need an Instagram account to be able to enter. Sign up to Instagram.
- Employees of Fairtrade Foundation and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
- The prize(s) are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available.
- One winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified through the Direct Message feature on Instagram after the competition has closed and in the week commencing 23 March 2020.
The winner's address will be shared with Octopus Publishing Group, who will send out the prize.
- The winner will receive two recipe books in total, one for them and one for a friend.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner’s name can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within 30 days of the prize draw ending. The winner’s name may also be published on Fairtrade Foundation social media profiles.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants, for example email address or postal address required to be able to correspond with the winner and/or send out the prize, will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in connection with this competition and will not be used for marketing purposes or disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Fairtrade Foundation, 5.7 The Loom, Gower's Walk, London, E1 8PY.