To celebrate Chocolate Week, we've teamed up with Tony's Chocolonely to give you a chance to win some delicious Fairtrade chocolate.
Cocoa farmers in West Africa earn on average 75p per day which is less than half of a living income. A living income means enough money to live a simple but dignified life, paying for essentials such as clothing, medicine and school. We believe this is not a luxury but a human right and that exploitation should not be the price of our chocolate.
The people at Tony's Chocolonely are passionate about the farmers behind the bar and are committed to combating exploitation in cocoa supply chains.
To celebrate Chocolate Week, we've teamed up with Tony's Chocolonely to give you the chance to win one of their Love Boxes which contain all eight flavours of their deliciously chunky 180g bars.
The competition will run on Instagram from Friday 18 October to Sunday 20 October 2019. Check out our Instagram profile to see how to enter.
For more information, please see the full terms and conditions below.
Love chocolate? You may also enjoy reading these:
> 10 facts about Fairtrade chocolate
> Fairtrade chocolate cupcake recipe
> 15 Fairtrade chocolate choices you can find on the high street
- The closing date for entries is 11:59 pm on Sunday 20 October 2019. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- To enter, you must be over 16 and live in the UK.
- To enter, you must 'follow' @FairtradeUK on Instagram and 'tag a friend' on the competition post. You will need an Instagram account to be able to enter. Sign up to Instagram.
- Employees of Fairtrade Foundation, Tony's Chocolonely, and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
- The prize(s) are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available.
- One winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified through the Direct Message feature on Instagram after the competition has closed and by the week commencing 21 October 2019.
- The winner will receive one 'Love Box' in total, containing eight bars of chocolate.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner’s name can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the prize draw ending. The winner’s name may also be published on Fairtrade Foundation and Tony's Chocolonely social media profiles.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants, for example email address or postal address required to be able to correspond with the winner and/or send out the prize, will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in connection with this competition and will not be used for marketing purposes or disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Fairtrade Foundation, 5.7 The Loom, Gower's Walk, London, E1 8PY.