OVERVIEW: The Fairtrade Foundation invites Expressions of Interest (EoIs) for an end term evaluation of the Building Resilient ASM Communities in East Africa project. For the last four years this project - which is funded by Comic Relief and implemented by Fairtrade Africa in partnership with a range of Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) - has sought to support small-scale gold mine sites from Kenya (Migori), Uganda (Busia) and Tanzania (Geita) to access technical support, finance and markets in order to generate a range of economic, social and environmental benefits for miners.
The interested consultants should submit the following:
- Cover letter expressing the consultant´s (or firm´s) suitability for the assignment and contact details of the applicant
- A response to the ToR, in the form of a technical proposal (maximum 3 pages outlining proposed evaluation methodology to be used in context of programme under evaluation).
- CV of consultants’ explicitly detailing experience in the relevant areas including two referees.
- A list of previous evaluation works (and who commissioned them) should be given.
- Budget breakdown/financial proposal. The indicative budget available for consultant fees and associated costs should not exceed £15,000.
- Initial draft of the proposed work plan in Gantt chart style.
- In the context of the current COVID-19 pandemic we expect this evaluation to principally include desk-based research and remote interviews with mine sites, local partners and Fairtrade staff both in East Africa and London. The research must be completed by Friday 29th May 2020 with EoIs submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 17th April 2020 16:00 GMT 2020
Click on the Terms of Reference for more details