There are now more than 600 Fairtrade Towns across the country – and many have their own great success stories.
Read below how some of the best have met the Fairtrade Town goals and developed their Fairtrade work and strategy. Take inspiration and learn from the successes of other town’s campaigns.
Goal 1: Council Engagement
- New: East Dunbartonshire – Building relationships with councils to promote Fairtrade
- Felixstowe - Collaborating with youth council reaches children and Councillors
- Watford - Engagement of local Councillors enhances Town campaign
Goal 2: Fairtrade products in local retail outlets and catering establishments
Goal 3: Fairtrade in the Community
- Leighton-Linslade - Discover more about engaging with local businesses
- East Dunbartonshire - Fairtrade Nursery Scheme inspired by younger children
- Glossopdale - Develop your campaign by engaging with schools
- Ringwood - One school's fantastic efforts from a student perspective
Goal 4: Public and media outreach
Goal 5: The Steering Group
Beyond the 5 Goals