On the last Friday of each month, we come together with companies and supporters to bring attention to the farmers and workers around the world, in some of the poorest countries, who grow the food we eat and make the clothes we wear.
Get involved with April Fairtrade Friday
This Fairtrade Friday falls within Fashion Revolution Week and we're thinking about the people who make our clothes. Behind our favourite T-shirts, dresses and jeans are cotton farmers who are often forgotten at the end of a long and complex supply chain. Choosing clothing made from Fairtrade cotton means that farmers can earn a fair price for their cotton as well as a Fairtrade Premium that they can choose to invest in community improvements like irrigation systems, schools and healthcare.
This month we've teamed up with White Stuff to give one lucky winner a £150 voucher to spend on their Fairtrade Clothing Collection. At White Stuff, they think it’s right to be fair. Their commitment to Fairtrade supports the people at the beginning of the supply chain – the farmers who sow, grow and harvest the raw cotton. Choose from their range of tees, dresses and polos, and know that you’re honouring the people behind the process.
The competition will run on Instagram from Friday 26 April to Monday 29 April 2019. To enter, simply follow @FairtradeUK and @whitestuffuk and tag a friend in the comments of the competition post.
Please see full Terms and Conditions below.
> More about White Stuff's Sustainably Sourced Cotton Commitment
> Why you should care about sustainable fashion
> Top 10 Facts about Fairtrade Cotton
Terms and Conditions
- The closing date for entries is 11:59 pm on Monday 29 April 2019. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- To enter, you must be over 16 and live in the UK.
- To enter, you must “follow” @FairtradeUK and @whitestuffuk on Instagram and “tag a friend” on the competition post. You will need an Instagram account to be able to enter. Sign up to Instagram.
- Employees of Fairtrade Foundation, White Stuff, and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
- The prize(s) are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available.
- One winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified through the Direct Message feature on Instagram after the competition has closed and during the week commencing 29 April 2019.
- The winner will receive a £150 White Stuff voucher, which must be redeemed on items from White Stuff's Fairtrade Clothing Collection only.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner’s name can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the prize draw ending. The winner’s name may also be published on Fairtrade Foundation and White Stuff social media profiles.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants, for example email address or postal address required to be able to correspond with the winner and/or send out the prize, will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in connection with this competition and will not be used for marketing purposes or disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Fairtrade Foundation, 5.7 The Loom, Gower's Walk, London, E1 8PY.