On the last Friday of each month, we come together with companies and supporters to bring attention to the farmers and workers around the world, in some of the poorest countries, who grow the food we eat and make the clothes we wear.
Get involved with March Fairtrade Friday
This Fairtrade Friday we're talking cotton. Specifically the cotton in our bed sheets. Many farmers at the end of a long and complex cotton supply chain are faced with challenges that range from the impact of climate change to poor terms of trade. Cozying up with bedding made from Fairtrade Cotton not only means you'll get a good night sleep, but increases the chances of the cotton farmers getting one too.
We've teamed up with Dip & Doze to give one lucky winner a bed set of their choice. All of the bedding at Dip & Doze is made from 100% organic and Fairtrade certified cotton, and they are passionate about beautiful simplicity all the way from the cotton field to the bedroom. Each set comes with a duvet cover and two pillow cases.
The competition will run on Instagram from Friday 29 March to Monday 1 April 2019. To enter, simply follow @FairtradeUK and @DipandDoze and tag a friend in the comments of the competition post.
Please see full Terms and Conditions below.
> More about Dip & Doze
> Top 10 Facts about Fairtrade Cotton
> Where to Buy Sustainable Ethical Cotton for Your Home
Terms and Conditions
- The closing date for entries is 11:59 pm on Monday 1 April 2019. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- To enter, you must be over 16 and live in the UK.
- To enter, you must “follow” @FairtradeUK and @DipandDoze on Instagram and “tag a friend” on the competition post. You will need an Instagram account to be able to enter. Sign up to Instagram.
- Employees of Fairtrade Foundation, Dip and Doze, and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
- The prize(s) are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available.
- One winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified through the Direct Message feature on Instagram after the competition has closed and during the week commencing 1 April 2019.
- The winner will receive a Dip & Doze bed set, comprising of a duvet cover and two pillow cases.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner’s name can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within 30 days of the prize draw ending. The winner’s name may also be published on Fairtrade Foundation and Waitrose social media profiles.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants, for example email address or postal address required to be able to correspond with the winner and/or send out the prize, will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in connection with this competition and will not be used for marketing purposes or disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Fairtrade Foundation, 5.7 The Loom, Gower's Walk, London, E1 8PY.