Everything you need to know about how to become a Fairtrade university or college.
Membership Levels and Fees
There are two membership levels, supported and basic. The following membership fees are for a two academic year period, from September 2020 – June 2022.
Register your interest in taking part in the programme from Autumn 2020 here
| Higher Education Institutions
|£1,195 + VAT
| Further Education Institutions
|£730 + VAT
Basic Membership is suitable for partnerships who have already gained accreditation, are well established and feel confident to reach or maintain their desired accreditation level with minimal support and direction from the NUS-Fairtrade team.
Basic membership includes:
- Access to a nationally researched, devised and annually updated online toolkit to track progress
- Access to an online resource bank of good practice
- Reactive technical toolkit support
- Access to additional online resources and templates, branding, national communications support, a series of peer learning webinars and support calls
- Nationally-led and supported communications – coordination of representation at conferences, press releases, creation of additional support materials and templates
- Use of Fairtrade University and College Award branding and idents, demonstrating participation in the programme
- Involvement in nationally-led proactive campaign work, additional to standard NUS ethical supply chain support
- Once in each two year subscription: Recruitment support, nationally coordinated remote training, moderation of results, student certificates, generation of auditor reports
- Once in each two year subscription: Accreditation standard and certificate/award, local feedback and national impact reports
Supported Membership is recommended for all first-year applicants, and is suitable for partnerships that wish to be supported by the NUS-Fairtrade delivery team in order to gain or improve upon their achievement level within the award programme.
Supported Membership includes:
- Basic membership as above
- In-depth planning support meeting with your partnership to gain organisational buy-in, plan approach and set expectations
- Regular ongoing one-to-one remote support that could include project planning, ideas generation and sharing of good practice
- M&E processes to assess attitudinal and behaviour changes locally and nationally
If you would like to take part in the new award, please register your interest here
What does this mean for existing Fairtrade Universities and Colleges?
The current Fairtrade University and College Award has now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. All new applications will need to be through the new award.
If your current award is in date you should have been sent a new ident to use with the year on it. If you have not received the new ident please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your existing award continues into 2019 you will be sent another ident with the year ‘2019’ on it.
If you are a key contact for the award at your university or college and have not heard from us in the last few weeks, please contact us to ensure that we have your correct details.