This delicious recipe has been shared with us by Clipper Teas. It’s simple, the ingredients are nutritious, and best of all they’re Fairtrade. So you can enjoy a treat and know that the people who worked hard to grow the ingredients were not exploited.
- Total time: 10 min
- Serves: 20 Cookies
- 50g Unsalted Organic Butter – (use coconut oil for dairy free or vegan)
- 1 cup/100g Coconut Sugar
- ½ cup/120ml Almond Milk
- 2 Clipper Organic Green Tea bags
- 180g of Whole Earth Almond Butter
- 3¼ cup/280g of quick cooking oats
- 2 Tsp of Taylor and Colledge Fairtrade Organic Vanilla Bean Extract
- 50g Seed & Bean organic dark chocolate
- In a saucepan heat the almond milk until a few bubbles appear on the surface, then take off the heat and add \the green tea bags for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the teabags and place the liquid back on a low heat and melt in the coconut sugar and butter
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the almond butter, oats and vanilla extract
- Drop about 1 tsp of the mixture per cookie onto wax/foil paper and place in the fridge or freezer to cool
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. Using a teaspoon drizzle the chocolate over the cooled cookies and then place back in the fridge to cool. Store until ready to serve.