A partnership made in coffee break heaven, Percol and Seed & Bean have come together this Fairtrade Fortnight to bring you these delicious chocolate, orange & thyme cupcakes!
As two brands who are championing ethics and sustainability, Fairtrade has always been an integral part of their stories. Fairtrade certified from the get-go, for Percol and Seed & Bean it’s always been about giving back to the farms and communities who grow their beans.
This is coffee and chocolate with a difference, helping to make a difference.
(Makes 6 medium cakes)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook/chill time: 20 minutes/ overnight (8 hours)
- 100g plain white flour
- 150g coconut sugar
- 40g cacao
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup almond milk
- 80ml Percol ground Colombian coffee
- 60ml coconut oil (at room temp.)
- 1 egg
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degress centigrade and prepare cupcake cases in a baking tray.
To make the cupcakes:
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl or jug mix all wet ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix well until it forms a smooth and fairly runny mixture.
- Fill your cupcakes cases ¾ full with the mixture and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
Whilst the cupcakes cool make your frosting:
Mix all ingredients in a blender or hand mix with a whisk.
- Pop back in the fridge until your cupcakes are cool.
- Once completely cool, drizzle the frosting on to each cupcake.
- Grate/chop the chocolate and sprinkle over the cupcakes.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You might also like
Calling all chocolate fans! Join our campaign to ensure that cocoa farmers are paid fairly for their work and are able to live a dignified life. It’s easy to join in. Read on to find out how.
||Follow us on social media
Support Fairtrade when you follow, share or like our social posts.
Sign up to email updates from Fairtrade to hear about products, petitions, competitions and more.