Tuck into these tasty cookies made with quality Fairtrade olive oil and chocolate.
Zaytoun olive oil supports 2,500 families to earn a sustainable living in Palestine.
This recipe makes 20 - 25 cookies.
- 100g Zaytoun almonds
- 200g self-raising flour
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 140ml of Zaytoun olive oil
- 200g Fairtrade dark brown, soft sugar
- 100g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1 tsp Fairtrade vanilla extract
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 100g dark Fairtrade chocolate, cut into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or Gas Mark 6 and line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the almonds and then mix the chunks with the flours and salt in a large bowl.
- Then add the sugars and vanilla extract to the olive oil and whisk well.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture, then pour into the flour mix and stir well. Add the chocolate chunks and mix.
- Roll the dough pieces into small balls, about the size of a walnut, and space them out on the baking trays. Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Let them cool before transferring to a cooling rack. Eat when cool or store in a biscuit tin.
You might also like
Calling all chocolate fans! Join our campaign to ensure that cocoa farmers are paid fairly for their work and are able to live a dignified life. It’s easy to join in. Read on to find out how.
||Follow us on social media
Support Fairtrade when you follow, share or like our social posts.
Sign up to email updates from Fairtrade to hear about products, petitions, competitions and more.