Showing 982 - 990 of 1538 results
Asda this week pledged to source '100% sustainable' bananas from March 2016. It said 93% of its bananas would come from Rainforest Alliance-certified farms, with the remaining 7% sourced from Fairtrade-certified producers.
New figures show Brexit could make or break farmers from some of the poorest countries by creating fairer trade or it could result in at least £1 billion in extra taxes, warned the Fairtrade Foundation and Traidcraft.
On Tuesday 28th February, 45 MPs took part in a Fairtrade Break in Parliament being held to celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight, which is asking consumers to think about the farmers and workers in poor countries behind some of the UK’s favourite, every day grocery items.
NUS is converting 100% of its cotton to Fairtrade. This move marks UK’s first step towards running a completely Fairtrade Production supply chain.
Atelier Swarovski will present its first fine jewellery collection in Fairtrade Gold at jewellery show Baselworld, benefitting miners and the environment in Peru.
Our response to the recent Daily Mail article about banana prices.
All bananas, tea, coffee and sugar for athletes, officials, workers and visitors as Fairtrade.
Fairtrade gold set to become a systemic part of the jewellery industry offering
The Fairtrade Foundation was pleased to be able to take part in an item broadcast by BBC Watchdog on Wednesday, 10 October to explain the way we track cocoa from Fairtrade farmers.
Find answers to some of the questions that are frequently asked about Fairtrade.
Ever wondered how many farmers and workers are involved with Fairtrade? Or how the Fairtrade Premium is used? Here's a snapshot from our latest data.
Fairtrade is about better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world. By requiring companies to pay sustainable prices (which must never fall lower than the market price), Fairtrade addresses the injustices of conventional trade, which traditionally discriminates against the poorest, weakest producers. It enables them to improve their position and have more control over their lives.
With Fairtrade you have the power to change the world every day. With simple shopping choices you can get farmers a better deal. And that means they can make their own decisions, control their future and lead the dignified life everyone deserves.