Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 500ml thick cashew or oat milk
- 100g Fairtrade dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon Fairtrade cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- A pinch of chilli powder
- Whipping cream
Step 1: Heat the milk you are using.
Step 2: Pour a couple tablespoons into the cocoa powder and mix to create a paste. Then place the cashew milk and chopped chocolate in a saucepan with the sugar and salt, and heat over low heat until the chocolate has melted, whisking all the time.
Step 3: Add the cocoa paste to the mixture and whisk to combine until smooth.
Step 4: Taste to see whether you need to add a little more salt for an extra salty kick. Remove from the heat, pass it through a sieve, then pour into two cups, serve immediately with whipped cream and enjoy.