As two brands who are championing ethics and sustainability, Fairtrade has always been an integral part of their stories. Fairtrade certified from the get-go, for Percol and Seed & Bean it’s always been about giving back to the farms and communities who grow their beans.
This is coffee and chocolate with a difference, helping to make a difference.
(Makes 6 medium cakes)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook/chill time: 20 minutes/ overnight (8 hours)
- 100g plain white flour
- 150g coconut sugar
- 40g cacao
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup almond milk
- 80ml Percol ground Colombian coffee
- 60ml coconut oil (at room temp.)
- 1 egg
- 100g coconut milk (set in the fridge overnight)
- 3 tbsp. orange juice
- Rind of 1 orange
- ¼ cup fresh thyme (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp. sweetener of choice
- 25g Seed & Bean orange and thyme chocolate bar
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degress centigrade and prepare cupcake cases in a baking tray.
To make the cupcakes:
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl or jug mix all wet ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix well until it forms a smooth and fairly runny mixture.
- Fill your cupcakes cases ¾ full with the mixture and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
Whilst the cupcakes cool make your frosting:
Mix all ingredients in a blender or hand mix with a whisk.
- Pop back in the fridge until your cupcakes are cool.
- Once completely cool, drizzle the frosting on to each cupcake.
- Grate/chop the chocolate and sprinkle over the cupcakes.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You might also like
Calling all chocolate fans! Join our campaign to ensure that cocoa farmers are paid fairly for their work and are able to live a dignified life. It’s easy to join in. Read on to find out how.
|Follow us on social media|
Support Fairtrade when you follow, share or like our social posts.
Sign up to email updates from Fairtrade to hear about products, petitions, competitions and more.