Using Fairtrade ingredients in your dinner is a simple way of making a real difference to the lives of the people around the world who grow our food in some of the poorest countries.
Make your dinner Fairtrade this weekend, take a photo and share on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ChooseFairtrade.
Fairtrade 4 Pepper Flatbreads
Preparation time: 15 mins plus 30 for resting
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 500g strong white bread flour + extra for dusting
- 1/2 level tablespoon Steenbergs sea salt
- 7g sachets of dried yeast
- ½ tablespoon Fairtrade golden caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 325 ml lukewarm water
- 2tsp Steenbergs organic Fairtrade 4 Colour Peppercorn Mix
- Place the flour, Steenbergs 4 Colour Peppercorn Mix and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour the yeast, caster sugar, olive oil, and water into a jug and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the warm water mixture. With a fork make little circles in the water gradually bringing in more flour from the sides until you have a dough.
- Flour a work surface and knead the dough until soft and elastic. Clean and flour the mixing bowl, return the dough to the bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave in a warm place to rise for 30 mins.
- Place a griddle pan on the heat.
- Knock back the dough by kneading it for another 2 minutes, divide into 8 equal portions and roll out flat with a rolling pin. Cook the flatbreads in the griddle pan on a high heat until coloured on both sides.
- Serve filled with meat, salads or roasted vegetables or enjoy as an accompaniment to Middle Eastern or Asian dishes.
Make your dinner this weekend Fairtrade.
You might also like
Most people are familiar with Fairtrade, so why do the same misconceptions about what it is and how it actually works keep cropping up?
|Follow us on social media|
Support Fairtrade when you follow, share or like our social posts.
Sign up to email updates from Fairtrade to hear about products, petitions, competitions and more.