Tuck into these tasty cookies made with quality Fairtrade olive oil and chocolate.
Zaytoun olive oil supports 2,500 families to earn a sustainable living in Palestine.
This recipe makes 20 – 25 cookies.
- 100g Zaytoun almonds
- 200g self-raising flour
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 140ml of Zaytoun olive oil
- 200g Fairtrade dark brown, soft sugar
- 100g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1 tsp Fairtrade vanilla extract
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 100g dark Fairtrade chocolate, cut into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or Gas Mark 6 and line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the almonds and then mix the chunks with the flours and salt in a large bowl.
- Then add the sugars and vanilla extract to the olive oil and whisk well.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture, then pour into the flour mix and stir well. Add the chocolate chunks and mix.
- Roll the dough pieces into small balls, about the size of a walnut, and space them out on the baking trays. Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Let them cool before transferring to a cooling rack. Eat when cool or store in a biscuit tin.