If your business owns finished products which you sell on to wholesalers, retailers, distributors, food service companies or directly to the public, you can become a licensee and carry the FAIRTRADE Mark on your goods.
Hundreds of companies are already licensees with the Fairtrade Foundation, proudly showing the FAIRTRADE Mark on their products.
When you become a licensee, you will receive:
- Help compiling and updating your Fairtrade supply chain to make sure your product and its ingredients meet our rigorous ethical guidelines.
- Access to national promotional activities for you to participate in and benefit from.
- Regular updates and email with the latest Fairtrade news, including information about Fairtrade retail sales and ways to get more involved with our work
- Tools and advice on how to use the FAIRTRADE Mark effectively.
There are four simple steps to becoming a licensee:
Step 1. Call us on 0203 301 5001 or email us to find out more. See our 'Learn More' checklist to understand what you need to work with Fairtrade.
Step 2. FLOCERT (the independent Fairtrade certification and auditing organisation) will contact you to confirm your certification needs.
Step 3. Complete the licensing application form and pay registration fee.
Step 4. Countersign licence agreement for your business and submit product details for approval.
- Check there are Fairtrade standards for your products.
- Research Fairtrade suppliers.
- Understand the Fairtrade Trader Standard which explains our requirements for companies.
- Check your product composition meets our guidelines.
- Contact us to find out what fees are involved.
- If you are not UK based, another National Fairtrade Organisation may be better placed to help you.