This is our promise to you when you choose to support the Fairtrade Foundation through donating or fundraising on our behalf.
We have high standards
- We adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice (external link).
- We internally monitor our fundraising team to ensure that we comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this promise. We also do our utmost to monitor and give guidance where possible to volunteers that fundraise on our behalf to act in accordance with these standards
- We comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising
- We display the Fundraising Regulator badge on fundraising materials to show we are committed to good practice.
We are clear, honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive
- We are clear about who we are and what we do
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent
- We are able to explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause if challenged
- We ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible
- We provide clear and evidence-based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We are respectful
- We respect your rights and privacy
- We do not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so. We will work with the Telephone, Mail and Fundraising Preference Services to ensure that those who choose not to receive specific types of communication don’t have to.
We are fair and reasonable
- We treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs
- We take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety
- We will take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We are accountable and responsible
- We will do all we can to ensure that our fundraisers and volunteers working with us comply with all fundraising regulations and this promise
- We provide easy ways for you to contact us, and our Supporter Services Team is on hand to help answer any queries you may have
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done, you can contact to make us aware of a concern or a complaint using our complaints policy. If we make a mistake, we will apologise and do everything to put things right. However, if we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication
- We monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.
If you have any questions please contact our Supporter Services team:
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via telephone: 020 7440 7676.