There are two membership levels available for the Fairtrade University and College Award: supported and basic. The following membership fees are for a two academic year period, from September 2023 – June 2025.
|Supported Membership||Basic Membership|
|Higher Education Institutions||£2,770 +VAT||£1,700 + VAT|
|Further Education Institutions||£1,470 +VAT||£1040 + VAT|
How do I sign up?
.Applications for the 2023-2025 programme are now open and begins 25th September 2023. Sign up here https://www.sos-uk.org/programme-sign-up
Basic Membership is suitable for partnerships who have already gained accreditation, are well established and feel confident to reach or maintain their desired accreditation level with minimal support and direction from the NUS-Fairtrade team.
Basic membership includes:
- Access to a nationally researched, devised and annually updated online toolkit to track progress
- Access to an online resource bank of good practice
- Reactive technical toolkit support
- Access to additional online resources and templates, branding, national communications support, a series of peer learning webinars and support calls
- Nationally-led and supported communications – coordination of representation at conferences, press releases, creation of additional support materials and templates
- Use of Fairtrade University and College Award branding and idents, demonstrating participation in the programme
- Involvement in nationally-led proactive campaign work, additional to standard NUS ethical supply chain support
- Once in each two year subscription: Recruitment support, nationally coordinated remote training, moderation of results, student certificates, generation of auditor reports
- Once in each two year subscription: Accreditation standard and certificate/award, local feedback and national impact reports
Supported Membership is recommended for all first-year applicants, and is suitable for partnerships that wish to be supported by the NUS-Fairtrade delivery team in order to gain or improve upon their achievement level within the award programme.
Supported Membership includes:
- Basic membership as above
- In-depth planning support meeting with your partnership to gain organisational buy-in, plan approach and set expectations
- Regular ongoing one-to-one remote support that could include project planning, ideas generation and sharing of good practice
- M&E processes to assess attitudinal and behaviour changes locally and nationally