This recipe is a fantastic Fairtrade Fortnight activity for adults and children to do together, but be warned: it just might give you Super Powers!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds, like chia, flaxseeds or hemp
- 2 tbsp Fairtrade peanut butter or WOW butter (peanut-free peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp Fairtrade honey (or agave or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp Fairtrade vanilla extract
- A handful of grated Fairtrade white or milk chocolate, cocoa powder or desiccated coconut
Other things to try: any dried fruit like apricots, cranberries and raisins, Fairtrade cinnamon.
- Put the oats, seeds, dried fruit and chocolate chips in a bowl. Give it a good mix.
- Then add the peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract and stir it all together.
- Divide the mix into 8 portions then lightly wet your hands with water and squeeze each piece into a ball.
- Put the grated chocolate on a dinner plate and sit the balls on it. Gently shake or wobble the plate so the balls roll around and get covered in the chocolate.
- Put them in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up and keep in the fridge until you need to top up your Super Powers!
Fairtrade Patron, Allegra McEvedy MBE, is a chef, food writer, broadcaster and co-founder of Leon. Allegra has been an active supporter of Fairtrade since 2008, when she visited tea and nut producers in Malawi, and as a Patron, she has played an important role in raising public awareness of the challenges faced by farmers and workers around the world.
This recipe has been shared as part of our Fairtrade Fortnight 2022 Choose The World You Want festival.