The All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Fairtrade promotes Fairtrade in Parliament. It supports MPs to engage with Fairtrade in their constituencies.
Updated: December 2022.
The APPG for Fairtrade is co-chaired by Holly Lynch MP (Labour) and Jason McCartney MP (Conservative).
The group has more than 150 MPs and peers on its mailing list. The Fairtrade Foundation acts as secretariat.
The APPG for Fairtrade was first formed in 2015.
Emergency General Meeting December 2022
The APPG for Fairtrade held an Emergency General Meeting on 6 December 2022 to elect new officers.
This followed Huw Merriman MP stepping down as vice-chair following a cabinet appointment.
The APPG’s officers are:
• Holly Lynch MP, Labour (co-chair)
• Jason McCartney MP, Conservative (co-chair)
• Anne McLaughlin MP, Scottish National Party (vice-chair)
• Navendu Mishra MP, Labour (vice-chair)
• Jim Shannon MP, DUP, (vice-chair)
• Jess Morden MP, Labour (vice-chair)
How to get involved as a Member of Parliament or the House of Lords
Follow us on Twitter @FairtradeAPPG.
Download our guide to engaging with campaigner constituents.
- Minutes of the 2022 EGM (Word doc)
- Minutes of the 2022 AGM (pdf)
- Minutes of the 2021 AGM (pdf)
- APPG Annual Report 2020 (pdf)
- APPG Annual Report 2019 (pdf)
- APPG Annual Report 2018 (pdf)
- Narrative and Financial Report 2018 (pdf)
- Minutes of the 2018 AGM (pdf)
- Narrative and Financial Report 2017 (pdf)
- Minutes of the 2017 Inaugural Meeting (Word doc)
- Narrative and financial report 2016 (pdf)
- Minutes of the 2016 AGM (Word doc)
- Photo: (l-r) Holly Lynch MP, Nimrod Wambette, Chairperson of Bunabude Co-operative in Uganda, Catherine McKinnell MP, Faith Muthoni, Fairtrade Africa, at The Endangered Aisle, Fairtrade Fortnight 2023. Photo credit: Lizzie Westwood/Fairtrade Foundation.