A one day future facing, thought provoking, solution focused event which brought together producers, businesses, policy makers and Fairtrade experts.
This event has now passed.
The conference, entitled ‘The Future of Trade: Can it work for everyone?’ brought together Fairtrade supporters, producers, commercial partners and NGOs to discuss and debate critical topics such as gender equality in global trade, the future of transparency in supply chains, climate change adaptation and how to achieve living incomes for producers. Delegates heard from Fairtrade producers and farmers who spoke passionately about the impact of Fairtrade.
Explore the new ways in which we collaborate with businesses to address their supply chain challenges, future-proof their supply and make a positive impact on producers’ lives.
- Lord Mark Price, Former Trade Minister and Managing Director of Waitrose and new Chair of Fairtrade Foundation’s Board of Trustees
- Lord Bates, Minister of State at the Department for International Development
Fair Talk Speakers
- Malcolm Copland Commercial Director, Greggs
- Michael Fletcher Retail Chief Commercial Officer, Co-Op
- Mark Goldring CEO, Oxfam GB
- Dr. Nyagoy Nyong’o Executive Director, Fairtrade Africa
- Xiomara J. Paredes Executive Director, CLAC
Panel Session Speakers
Gender Equality in Global Trade:
- Claudia Fumo Senior Social Development and Team Leader, DFID
- Cathryn Higgs Head of Food Policy, Co-operative Group
- Nerea Craviotto Ortega Advocacy Officer, ITUC
- Tsitsi Choruma Chief Operating Officer, Fairtrade Africa
- Mme Traore Awa General Manager, CAYAT
Towards a Living Income:
- Ed Latham Senior Brand Manager Europe, Ben & Jerry’s
- Alex Assanvo Director of Corporate Affairs, Mars Wrigley
- Jon Walker Senior Advisor, Cocoa, Fairtrade International
- Sally Smith Independent Researcher
- Mme Aminata Bamba Head of Sustainability, Ecookim
The Value of Transparency in Supply Chains:
- Kuldeep Singh Chauhan CEO, Network of Asia & Pacific Producers (NAPP)
- Ewan Reid Managing Director, Matthew Algie
- Hazel Culley Sustainability Manager- Foods, Marks & Spencer
- Sally Uren Chief Executive, Forum for the Future
- Rüdiger Meyer CEO, FLOCERT